A recent study revealed that 61% of people who search for a business online, never take the next step and visit the company's website. There are many factors that contribute to this statistic, but by addressing them one-by-one, you can take major steps to getting your site ranked higher in Google search engine results pages (SERPs).
The first thing to overcome is duplicate content.
As Google searches dominate the internet landscape, every business needs to take into account their visibility in Google's search engine results page. Recently, there have been some significant changes made to the ranking algorithm for Google's search engine results pages (SERPs) that has forced businesses to rethink their approach. The best way to ensure your website will be on the first page of SERPS for desired keywords is through SEO (search engine optimization). A key component of SEO is link building.
An important aspect of all marketing is getting your company or services in front of people who are looking for what you have to offer. One way of doing this is through the internet. It is crucial to have a strong online presence for any business, so it can be found on search engines through paid advertising, social media, and SEO. The goal of this article is to provide an overview of the best strategies that businesses can use to increase their visibility in Google searches.
Persuading Google to rank your website in the top few pages of its search results, among potentially millions of other websites, is a difficult endeavor to do. However, there are five proven and true ways that can significantly increase your chances of success, and they will be discussed in this post.
1. Identify a very restricted niche region, such as a certain product or service. For example, you might specialize on barbecues and then reduce that even more by selecting just gas-fired grills from among the available options. Select a primary keyword as well as a number of secondary keywords. You must ensure that all of your keywords combined get a sufficient number of searches each month to be useful in your search. This is most likely something in the neighborhood of 5000 searches per month for the selected keywords in aggregate. In addition, the keywords must have a low level of competition from other websites in order to be effective. There are a variety of techniques that can be used to determine the number of searches as well as the level of competition in a certain area. These are the Google Ads keywords tool, the Micro Niche Finder, and Market Samurai, among other tools.
2. Select and register a domain name that corresponds to your primary keyword. It should be noted that Google places the highest emphasis on the most popular top-level domain names. Your website's domain name must begin with the letters.com,.net, or.org. If you attempted to register the domain name gasfiredbarbecues.com, for example, you could discover that the majority of the major domain extensions had already been taken. In similar instances, it is preferable not to attempt to register with a different domain extension, since Google gives such high priority to the major domains in its search results. In such instance, it is preferable to attempt a different term in addition, such as “reviews” or “choice.”
3. When developing your website, be certain that it has a significant proportion of unique information that has not been taken from another source. A minimum of five pages of unique material with at least 500 words in each page should be the goal in an ideal situation. Pages for “Contact us,” “About us” and “Privacy” should also be included on your website. Make certain that your keywords are included in the text of your sites. In the title of each page, you should add one keyword that is related to the page in question.
4. Encourage other websites to connect to your own website by creating links to them. Methods like as producing articles that contain links to your website or posting comments on blogs or forums that include a link back to your website are effective. Avoid the use of software or websites that produce links on their own without your permission. These will almost always be identified by Google, and you will be penalized by having your search results ranked lower.
5. Be patient with yourself. It takes some time for Google to discover your website in the first place, so be patient. After that, bear in mind that one of the variables taken into consideration by Google is the age of a website's domain name. Websites with a longer history of operation have a greater chance of appearing higher in search results.